Checklist for packing
- Passport and visa (check their validity dates before the trip)
- Air tickets
- Photocopy on paper and computer of your passport, your visa and your plane tickets
- Bank card (Ask your bank about the conditions of use of your card abroad)
Clothing, shoes and accessories
Vietnam has distinct seasons and different climates in different regions. In general, in summer, from May to October, it is hot and humid as in all tropical countries, but temperatures drop between 17 and 22 degrees during the winter, from November to April. Before you leave, remember to check the weather and climate information of your destinations to choose the right clothes and accessories.
Articles to recommend
- Light cotton t-shirt, shorts and skirts
- Fluid cotton dresses, preferably at mid-thigh and more
- Comfortable shoes and sandals for walking or hiking
- Flip flops
- Swimsuit, caftan and other beach equipment (if you go to coastal areas)
- Light sweater, cardigan or scarf for cool evenings in North Vietnam
- Windproof for winter travel
- Some nice outfits for dinners or evenings
Items to protect you from the elements
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Gloves, hat and scarf
- Umbrella, light raincoat, socks
- Shavers / shaving cream
- Hair dryer
- Small towel
- Nail clipper
- Shower gel and shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Makeup, makeup remover, care product
If you forget something, it's easy to find these items in convenience stores, supermarkets or convenience stores that open 24 hours a day.
The hotels provide: towels, soap, shower gel and shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, comb and often a hair dryer. Homestays do not usually offer them.
- Phone and charger
- Camera and charger
- Electrical adapter: The voltage is 220 volts. Most outlets are compatible with round two-pin plugs.
- Flashlight: For stays in mountainous areas, where power outages may occur.
A backpack on your outings
- Camera and accessories
- Map of the city
- Visit card of your hotels
- Paper towel, wet towel
- Bottle of water
- Hand cleansing gel without water
- Hat, umbrella or raincoat